Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hello!

If you typed in Momma Chilson into your browser expecting Chilson Family and ended up here at Raising Warriors and Maidens it is because I have a second blog! 

I have been wanting to write a blog about raising my children, but have been afraid to write one.  Why?  Because I am a chicken!  Chit-chat is fun, but sometimes I want to write a little more on the "serious" side, or maybe I should rephrase that as encouraging instead of serious.

I am not quite ready to do a "real" post on the warriors and maidens, but I felt if I at least created the blog I would actually do something with it.

You may wonder why I chose warrior and maidens.  It is because that is what I am raising!  I want my young men to be warriors for the Lord and my young ladies to be maidens for Him as well!  If that is what I want them to be for Him, then I need to raise them in that way for Him!

I am not coming across as an expert in rearing children, but I have a biblical responsibility in raising them.  The Bible is my guide in training and Deuteronomy chapter six states it well...

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

 I even have plans to hopefully have some guest postings!

No comments:

Post a Comment